Sunday, February 27, 2011

East Bound and Down

For our first few posts you might notice a bit of an east coast bias. Well, any of our first readers will most likely be on the east coast so let's consider it catering to the audience. Don't worry, if any Laker fans become readers we'll let you whine about Kobe not getting his due. And not to worry in the Midwest either, as plenty of gushing over Kevin Love and Derrick Rose will be emanated on here. It will be fair for all.

Thinking about what's going on in the Eastern Conference right now, I think the most debatable item is whether or not the Heat can actually beat the Celtics in the playoffs. My feeling before the Perkins/Robinson for Green/Krstic swap: Celtics. My feeling after the swap: Celtics. I'm still questioning the trade in my head and do feel the Celtics will miss Perkins come playoff time, but I don't see how it hurts them that much against the Heat. If only, because the Heat did not pick up the extra body they desired at the trade deadline. Joel Anthony isn't striking fear into the hearts of anyone in Boston and it's not the best sign for Heat fans when you are actually happy when Dampier comes back in to replace him. Time will tell how Jeff Green settles in Boston but he's certainly a talented player and I could see it working out.

In the end, I'm still not convinced Miami can take down Boston in 7 games. But I damn sure excited for what should be a great playoffs. I can't remember having a potential 2nd round like this in a long time in the east. It seems long overdue and something fans in the west have seen a lot more of in the last decade.

1 comment:

  1. Did you say Lakers fans? Unless you actually have Jack Nicholson or Leonardo DiCaprio reading your blog you don't have to worry about hearing from Lakers fans(or Fletch could be lumped in, but he is fictional but so is anyone that claims they are a Lakers fan). Sad that I can actually name the only two Lakers fans on the planet. Everyone else is just posturing.

    ReplyDelete